Thanks to everyone who has supported Stay thus far. Whether by your purchases, your emails of support, or your bug reports, you’ve all helped to make Stay what it is at the end of its first year.
I wrote Stay to make using a Mac with multiple monitors less irritating for me. I wasn’t sure how useful it would be to others, but the response and support has been fantastic. It’s one thing to make something that’s useful to you, but it’s another thing entirely to know that something you’ve created makes computing life easier for other people too. I’m still surprised by that.
Updates have been less frequent than I’d have liked; mainly because the burden of support has been greater than I’d expected (in a good way), and because I started a new job this year. All that said, work on Stay continues (however slowly), with a bug fix update due for release soon, followed by a more major update with some new features, hopefully before the end of the year.
There are a couple of issues with Lion and version 1.1.2 of Stay, particularly with Stay’s support for Spaces. We’re currently testing a compatibility update and hope to have it available in time for Lion’s release.
Knit Counter and Knit Counter Lite 1.3 are now available on the App Store. I’m impressed to see how much the approval process has improved in recent times. Based on previous experience I was expecting about a two week delay between submission and approval. The 1.3 updates were submitted less than 24 hours ago; I was somewhat caught off guard to see them approved so quickly.
Knit Counter 1.3 contains the following fixes and improvements:
Added the ability to specify minimum values for counters.
Added the ability to store an image for each project.
The current counter value is shown in blue text in the custom interval editor.
Settings now apply if changed while Knit Counter is running in the background.
Fixed a potential crash when following a link from the pattern URL field.
It was quite a lot of work for a fairly modest update. Adding minimum values for counters was particularly troublesome. It seemed like a simple thing at the outset, but very quickly revealed itself to be far more complex than I’d expected.
Adding project images took longer than I’d planned as well. I quickly discovered that a lot of the stuff you take for granted when dealing with photos on iOS, isn’t provided by Apple and has to be implemented by the developer.
Hopefully the work has been worth it, and the additions in version 1.3 will be useful. As usual, if you have any problems with the update, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.